Greek Οrthodox website and web radio
Featuring Dr. Helen C. Evans and Dr. Anton C. Vrame
1. Orthodox Church architecture is distinct. What are its basic features?
2. Discuss the various parts of an Orthodox church and their meaning — such as the narthex, altar, nave, dome, and Platytera?
3. When a church is constructed, what are the “rules” that an architect must follow?
4. Discuss the vestments that priests and bishops wear as well as their significance and history?
5. Discuss the Church’s unique and ornate religious items. Why are articles, such as the Bible, censor, and chalice so beautifully adorned?
6. The term “House of God” is used very often. What is our responsibility toward it?
Discovering Orthodox Christianity is a series of talks, shows, and presentations designed to introduce and explain the basic teaching of Orthodox Christianity. Sponsored by the Leadership 100 Endowment Fund the series covers a wide range of topics with the goal education the viewer in simple, easy to understand terms.
Additional information about Orthodox Christianity can be found on the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America website at http://www.goarch.org/